Earthborn Holistic Small Breed dog food is a special recipe formulated to meet the needs of your small breed dog. Made for adult dogs and small breed puppies alike, this small kibble dog food recipe is crafted with quality turkey meal and a variety of easily digestible grains like pearled barley and oatmeal. This whole grain formula is enriched with Taurine to support your dog’s heart health and a blend of superfoods like flaxseed, blueberries, and apples. Made without peas, lentils, or legumes, this recipe is one that your pup is sure to love.
It is very hard to find a quality dog food for small breed dogs that is good for all life stages and is legume free. I was so happy to see a brand I have used in the past for my larger dogs finally came out with a great small breed alternative. All seven of my terrier type dogs loved this food and even my larger dog wanted to eat it instead of her own food when I opened the bag. I hope they continue to make this recipe for many years to come.
By Kay P.
Build a Better Bowl for Your Dog
Turkey ProteinTurkey meal is the #1 ingredient in this tasty recipe
SuperfoodsNutrient-rich superfoods like flaxseed, blueberries, and apples
Pea-FreeMade without peas, lentils, or legumes
TaurineEnriched with Taurine for heart health
Whole GrainEasily digestible grains like pearled barley and oatmeal
Small KibbleSmall kibble size perfect for small dogs and puppies
Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, Dried Egg, Tapioca, Canola Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Pearled Barley, Oatmeal, Pacific Whiting Meal, Flaxseed, Dried Yeast, Natural Flavors, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Carrots, Spinach, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product.
(M.E. Calculated, as fed) 3,800 kcal/kg, 400 kcal/cup
Earthborn Holistic Small Breed is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages excluding growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult).
Taking care of your dog’s overall health starts by feeding him properly.
- Earthborn Holistic Small Breed can help maintain your dog’s health when combined with exercise, veterinary care, and controlling intake of other food and treats.
- Use this chart as a guide, adjusting as necessary to maintain optimal weight. Portions will vary according to body condition, age, activity level and environment.
- When introducing Earthborn Holistic Small Breed to your dog’s diet, mix increasing amounts of Small Breed with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7 – 10 day period.
- During gestation and lactation, feed 2 to 4 times the portions recommended in the Adult Feeding Guide for the weight of your adult dog.
- Puppies often begin to eat solid foods at three to four weeks of age and can be fed dry or with warm water (3 parts food to one part water).
- Have clean, fresh water available for your dog at all times. See your veterinarian regularly.
Cups of Small Breed To Feed Your Adult Dog Each Day
|Weight of Dog||Food per Day|
|5 to 10 lbs.||½ to ¾ cups|
|10 to 20 lbs.||¾ to 1 ¼ cups|
|20 to 30 lbs.||1 ¼ to 1 ¾ cups|
|30 to 40 lbs.||1 ¾ to 2 ¼ cups|
|40 to 50 lbs.||2 ¼ to 2 ¾ cups|