Primitive Feline is a dry cat food formulated to provide total wellness for both cats and kittens. Cats are true carnivores and so they crave protein from high-quality sources like turkey and chicken. Primitive Feline is grain-free, gluten free and a high-protein cat food that has a taste your cat will love. Along with protein, there’s a healthy mix of vegetables and fruits, which contain antioxidants important for everyday optimal health. Our all-life stages cat food is a healthy alternative and is sure to be one your cat will enjoy at every stage of life.
Just wanted to tell you that my rescue cat LOVES your food!!! He won’t eat canned food, raw food, treats or human food. But he gobbles up your Primitive Feline food like you wouldn’t believe, I tell him it’s blueberry pancakes! Anyways thanks for making a quality product. People are in awe of his luxurious coat, it’s the food I say and try to persuade them to buy your food!!!
By Susan C.
Build a Better Bowl for Your Cat
Grain-FreeGreat options for cats allergic to grains
TaurineEnriched with Taurine for heart health
Vitamins & MineralsAdded vitamins and minerals to support immunity and wellness
All Life StagesFormulated to meet the nutritional needs of both cats and kittens
Fruits & VeggiesWholesome fruits and veggies like blueberries, cranberries, apples, and spinach
OmegasOmega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids help promote healthy skin and coat
Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Pea Starch, Pea Protein, Flaxseed, Natural Flavors, Pea Fiber, Dried Eggs, Pacific Whiting Meal, Dried Apples, Dried Blueberries, Dried Cranberries, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Taurine, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, Calcium Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product.
(M.E. Calculated, as fed) 3,755 kcal/kg, 395 kcal/cup
Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Feline™ is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Taking care of your cat’s overall health starts by feeding him properly. We suggest using this chart as a guide.
- Adjust amounts accordingly over time. Please remember these portions are averages and will vary according to age, activity, size and temperament of your cat.
- When introducing Primitive Feline to your cat’s diet, mix increasing amounts of Primitive Feline with decreasing amounts of the current food over a one-week period.
- During gestation and lactation, feed two to three times as much food as recommended in the Daily Feeding Guide for the weight of your adult cat.
- Kittens start to eat solid foods at three to four weeks of age and should have free access to moistened food from this time until weaning (6 – 8 weeks).
- Moistened food should be one part warm water with three parts Primitive Feline.
- You may keep Primitive Feline before your kitten at all times; most kittens will satisfy their nutritional needs as their appetite dictates.
- Have clean, fresh water available at all times.
Cups of Primitive Feline to Feed Your Cat Each Day
|Weight of Cat||Food per Day|
|4 to 6 lbs.||¼ to 1⁄3 cup|
|6 to 9 lbs.||1⁄3 to 2⁄3 cup|
|9 to 12 lbs.||2⁄3 to ¾ cup|
|12 to 15 lbs.||¾ to 1 cup|
|15 to 20 lbs.||1 to 1 1⁄2 cups|