Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural dry dog food is a grain-free, gluten-free, and pea-free recipe. This protein-rich natural dog food recipe offers a blend of turkey meal, chicken meal, and whitefish meal as well as a variety of added vitamins and minerals to create a complete and balanced diet for your dog or puppy. Primitive Natural is enriched with Taurine for heart health and includes a variety of superfoods to keep your pup happy and healthy.
Absolutely a great brand. Suggested to us by a dog breeder of 20 years when we got our Rottweiler puppies (puppy food). Switched our other dogs to this brand. They love it.
Build a Better Bowl for Your Dog
Turkey ProteinTurkey meal is #1 ingredient in this tasty recipe
Maintain MusclesL-Carnitine helps burn fat and maintain lean muscle mass
TaurineEnriched with Taurine for heart health
Pea-FreeFree of peas, lentils, and legumes
Grain-FreeGreat for dogs allergic to grains
SuperfoodsNutrient-rich superfoods like pumpkin, apples, and carrots
Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potato, Tapioca, Dried Egg, Pumpkin, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Pacific Whiting Meal, Flaxseed, Natural Flavors, Dried Yeast, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Carrots, Spinach, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product.
(M.E. Calculated, as fed) 3,800 kcal/kg, 400 kcal/cup
Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages, excluding growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult).
Taking care of your dog’s overall health starts by feeding him properly. We suggest using this chart as a guide.
- Adjust amounts accordingly over time. These portions are averages; portions will vary by the age, activity, size, and temperament of your dog.
- When introducing Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural to your dog’s diet, mix increasing amounts of Primitive Natural with decreasing amounts of the old food over a one-week period.
- During gestation and lactation, feed two to three times as much food as recommended in the Daily Feeding Guide for the weight of your adult dog.
- Puppies start to eat solid foods at three to four weeks of age and should have free access to solid food from that time until weaning. You may keep Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural before your puppy at all times. Most puppies will satisfy their nutritional needs as their appetites dictate.
- Have clean, fresh water available for your dog at all times.
Cups of Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural To Feed Your Adult Dog Each Day
|Weight of Dog||Food per Day|
|5 to 10 lbs.||½ to ¾ cups|
|10 to 20 lbs.||¾ to 1 ¼ cups|
|20 to 30 lbs.||1 ¼ to 1 ¾ cups|
|30 to 40 lbs.||1 ¾ to 2 ¼ cups|
|40 to 50 lbs.||2 ¼ to 2 ¾ cups|
|50 to 60 lbs.||2 ¾ to 3 cups|
|60 to 70 lbs.||3 to 3 ½ cups|
|70 to 80 lbs.||3 ½ to 3 ¾ cups|
|80 to 90 lbs.||3 ¾ to 4 ¼ cups|
|90 to 100 lbs.||4 ¼ to 4 ½ cups|
|100+ lbs.||4 ½ + cups*|